I’ve been shopping up a storm in a non-linear random sort of fashion. Some people are organized and are done before Thanksgiving. I’m not one of those people. Maybe because I actually enjoy the shopping experience. Maybe because I have adult on-set ADHD. Anyway, here are some things that I’ve stumbled across in my shopping rambles.
1. For the Little Kids. For the one or two kids who still don’t have a Rainbow Loom, this is a very cool thing. I want one! Crayola has some very cool toys this year, including Crayola Melt ‘N Mold Factory and Crayola Marker Airbrush Set. I love kiddie alarm clocks. My kids still use the alarm clocks that Santa brought them year ago. Ian has a LEGO Kids’ Alarm Brick Clock. Jonah could use an upgrade. Maybe the August MB300 Mini Wooden MP3 Stereo System and FM Clock Radio? How cool are the girlie Nerf guns — Nerf Rebelle Sweet Revenge Dart Kit? Big Dude-L Book: An Adventure Time Doodle Book is all kinds of awesome. Ian loves DISNEY INFINITY Starter Pack Wii U.
2. Care Package gifts. I adore little cute gifts. Every year, we send out packages of home baked cookies and small, fun presents to far-off relatives. Last year, I went with a booze theme and gave everybody wall-mounted bottle openers. This year’s theme is bacon. So, I’m giving out jars of an amazing Skillet Bacon Spread, an olivewood spreader, and related goodies. I’ll throw in an ornament, too.
3. Stocking Stuffers. The Container Store has some really cute things this year.
4. Technology. We’re big on techno-gifts in this house. Video game consoles, phones, and computers are easily our biggest purchases during the holidays. If you are considering getting a Xbox One Console or Wii U Deluxe Set or a Nikon or an iPhone, please do it through the Apt. 11D links.
5. Museum Stores. Museum shops are a great place to find unusual gifts. My onyx candlestick holders from the Museum of Natural History are on our mantel. Sadly, they aren’t online, but they do have a some cute tea glasses, a dinosaur poster, and a beaded coin purse. The MOMA gift shop sucks us in every time. I can’t even point to a few highlights. I like the whole thing.