So, what do these gossip blogs actually say about Meghan, Harry, and the Royals? And what do I actually believe?
Let me answer the second question first. I don’t believe everything on those gossip blogs, especially the more outrageous claims. The more modest claims, especially those that are acknowledged and spun by her side, are believable. But you decide. I’ll list some of the dirt that I can pull together in one hour. There’s a whole lot more, but I think sixty minutes is enough time for this. Then you tell me what you think is real and what isn’t.
Also, let me just add that the gossip blogs have also been bitchy about Andrew, who they call “Uncle Pervy,” Prince Philip, who sounds like a giant ass, and William, when he had the affair. The nickname word for Meghan in these blogs is “the alliterate one.”
- Meghan leaked information about William’s affair. I guess a friend was involved. Andrew and Fergie leaked information about Meghan to distract from their own issues.
- Meghan trying really hard to portray herself as a wonderful person.
- Meghan wasn’t nice to Camilla. Or to Charles. Or Adele.
- After Megexit, she trying to use her fame to get a discount on housing. They’ve been trying to get big speaking fees, even though Harry isn’t supposed to work here.
- Meghan’s life pre-Harry involved some “yachting” — American female celebrities who “date” various Uber-rich folks on big boats on the Mediterranean, where favors are exchanged. I am not convinced of this. They said Pippa did this, too.
- Meghan’s friends were the sources behind the Freedom book. Some of her friends are problematic.
- While I’m searching, let me give the gossip on Kate Middleton: Kate makes a point of showing that she’s the polar opposite of Meghan. Kate’s pissed about the affair.
- They hint that Harry has a secret kid, living in North Carolina.
- Meghan’s relationship with her father is very complicated. He was given money to be quiet.
- Meghan tried to delay the release of the James Cordon interview, because Oprah wanted to be first.
- Meghan wasn’t happy with her status within the royal family.
- Meghan’s never, ever going back to England again.
- Taxes will be a big issue.
- Lots of in-fighting about Frogmore Cottage. Should the cousin pay rent? Who paid the British taxpayers back for the renovations?
- When she was in college, did she get in trouble for hazing her sorority pledges?
- She called the paps to get good pictures of her and planted stories in the British tabloids. She comments on social media, but pretends to be someone else.
- She invited people to her wedding that she had never spoken to before. Some of those guests are no longer friends with her. Did the same for a baby shower.
- She wants to get involved in politics.
- Who pays for their security was a BIG issue for awhile, but the gossiper stopped talking about that for some reason.
- It’s been very hard for her to move ahead with her plans this year, because of COVID and because of her demands.
- Oprah has been itching for this interview for a long time.
- Rumors of the frictions go back a long time.
- She only liked doing the fancy charity gigs.
- She started demanding speaking fees and paid appearances and freebie clothes and even a salary, back when she was still a senior member of the family. Other scams were also going on.
- She had to be told to be nice to regular people, but she still wasn’t.
- Poor Harry is a constant theme. She has isolated Harry from his family and friends. The classic move of an abuser. She used him for the titles.
- Back in 2019, they knew that Meghan was the reason for the rift between the brothers.
- The staff at Buckingham Palace is extremely pissed about things that Meghan is going to say about them on Sunday and is going to continue to expose her. Her treatment of staff and nannies is only the first story that we’re going to hear about.
I’m going to hit publish and then go upstairs for a glass of wine. I reserve the right to come back down to my office to add more links.
UPDATE: More links…
- Meghan couldn’t afford to pay her family the hush money that they wanted. She did pay off her ex-husband though.
- While Harry and Meghan might not be directly getting paid some of the millions that Oprah is raking in for this interview, she’s helping them in other ways. For example, she’s promoting a brand of coffee that Meghan invested in.
- The drama started happening even before they got married. Staff called Harry, “the hostage.”
- When they were dating, she said she wanted to leave England and move to Africa, which is what he really wanted to do. But after they got married, she stopped pretending she cared about Africa. Hollywood was always the plan.
- She uses every opportunity, including a family member’s birthday, to get attention for herself.
- Grey’s Anatomy is as inspiration for her speeches.
- The latest leak from the Firm is that Meghan went around wearing a pair of half million dollar earrings that were a wedding gift from that scumbag Saudi prince. Super interesting details about the royal protocol for dealing with these expensive gifts. They actually belong to the Queen now, even though they were given to Meghan. It’s all tricky head of state/head of government issues.
- More info on yachting.
- More info on designer dresses.
- Crazy Days and Nights was predicting that this would happen back in 2018. Tensions were already high between her and Kate.
- More on isolating Harry from family and friends.