Stowe, and the nearby Burlington, has a cool outdoorsy, hippie vibe. While I’m not much of a skier, I do love sitting by fires reading books, so I was very happy.
We stayed at a former motel turned hipster hotel. White, black, neutral decor. Small bedrooms, large common areas. A beer tap in the lobby. We could have stayed there all week.
- Lunch on the drive up – Bolton Landing Brewing Company
- Talta Lodge – hipster hotel
- Cross country skiing at Trapp Lodge
- Decent meals in Stowe – Piecasso and Idletyme. Breakfast by a huge fire at The Round Hearth.
- Excellent meal in Burlington at the Farmhouse Tap and Grill.
- Good shopping in Burlington at Church Street.
Pictures from the trip. (Click on one to start a slide show.)