At 8:26, I yelled down the stairs, "Jonah, bus time! Hurry!" I ran down to help him pack up and get him on the bus. He shoved his feet in his sneakers that have been tied with a knot, because he's too lazy to make a bow. I made him change into jeans that didn't have a hole in the knees. "HURRY! It's 8:28!"
He then loaded up his backpack. The contents:
– a brown bag with a snack
– a math worksheet not in the homework folder. It will be in a crumpled ball by the time he gets to school.
– spelling homework, handwriting homework. Also not in the folder.
– His Diary of Wimpy Kid – Do It Yourself book
– a pencil sharpener
– a deck of cards
– one rubber snake (No school day is complete without a rubber snake.)
– seven key chains hanging off the zipper
– last week's homework folded into an origami football
– a recorder
We ran to the corner in time with the backpack bouncing off his back and his coat wadded up under his arm.
I have quite a bit to do today. I'm making the list of chores and debating whether I'll be more productive at home or at the office.